Centre for Australian Army Leadership | Podcast series #5 | Dr Jemma King - VUCA Environments and Psychological SafetyBy The Centre for Australian Army Leadership April 13, 2021
On this episode of the Australian Army Leadership Program podcast series, LTCOL Sam Padman is joined by his first non-uniformed guest, Dr. Jemma King, to discuss the need for leaders to be emotionally intelligent (EI).
Dr. Jemma King is the founder of BioPsychAnalytics; a company specialising in advanced human performance optimisation. Dr. King has been a consultant to Defence, the AIS, the Olympic swim team and is a research fellow at UQ and a lecturer to Sydney Uni's MBA program.
Their discussion focusses on EI leaders and their ability to understand themselves and the needs and wants of their people with this concept having its roots as far back as the cave man. The following topics will be discussed in greater detail:
- Understanding the neurobiology of effective teaming
- Establishing rapid trust and rapport and psychological safety
- Managing stress as a team in volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environments
- What prohibits team cohesion and
- The top 5 factors to increase inter-team effectiveness.
Click on the link below to hear the full podcast.