Knowing Yourself and Others as a Leader - One Stop ShopBy The Cove June 1, 2021
The first theme of 2021 'Knowing Yourself and Others as a Leader' has now concluded. The Cove team thanks all those who contributed articles and those who either organised or participated in the Brisbane Cove Conference.
In this article you will find all the resources used to support this theme. As a reminder, The Cove are engaging in specific themes in a condensed period of time as this will allow for a breadth and depth of perspectives on a single topic to be presented at once. Ultimately, this may lead to better connection and appreciation of shared ideas and space for dialogue on a single theme.
In this archive you will find:
- Copies of the powerpoints, presenter bios and video of the presentations on:
Please note videos can only be viewed off the DPN on your mobile or personal devices due to DPN firewall restrictions.
If the neuroscience aspects of leadership interests you, why not check out the Art and Science of Thinking learning cluster of modules on Cove+? Subjects within this learning cluster include: Neuroleadership, Cognitive Processing and Psychology of Teams to name just a few.
- Links to all the articles featured in the leadership theme: Knowing yourself and others as a leader:
- Reflections of a first year Sergeant by SGT Carlos Barrera
- A personal perspective by Mr Bruce Cameron
- Leadership vs Likership by MAJ Rob Gibson
- Why understanding yourself and others as a leader is important by CPL Laura Hando
- Commanding in the digital world by MAJ Rob Gibson
- Fake it til you make it by BRIG Mike Kalms
- Understanding self control by WO1 Darren Murch
- Leadership lessons from Outward Bound by LT Matt White
If you would like to read more on leadership, we have compiled a variety of leadership book reviews by Darren Cronshaw here.
Our next theme is Future Technologies of War which will be run in the second half of June. The call for articles is here if this is a topic that you have a particular interet in and want to share your passion with us.