The Cove's Military History Lockdown QuizBy The Cove August 19, 2021
Lockdown can be tough and sometimes you may need to get away from your current work projects at home. Why not try our military history quiz? Of course, googling the answers is fine!!
The 1st, 20th and 35th correct submissions we receive will get a Cove merchandise pack.
Send us an email to soldiercove [at] gmail.com with your answers. Don't forget to include your name, rank and best contact details so we can post you out a prize.
Submissions will close on 27 August 2021. Good Luck!
1. When and why were Harry "Breaker" Morant and Peter Handcock court martialled?
2. Which campaign was the Battle of Lone Pine part of?
3. In which city did Japan's first air raid on Australia take place in World War II?
4. How many km long is the Kokoda Track?
5. What year did the Battle of Long Tan take place?
6. At what precise minute and date is the official time the ANZACs landed at ANZAC Cove?
7. At what precise minute and day did World War 1 end?
8. Who is the most recent recipient of the Victoria Cross?
9. Who was the first Australian recipient of the Victoria Cross?
10. In what year was conscription first introduced into Australia and how many times before had it failed to be introduced?
11. What year did the slouch hat become standard official dress?
12. To the nearest hundred thousand, how many Australians served in the armed forces during WWII?
13. Which sport did Lieutenant Colonel Ernest Edward 'Weary' Dunlop represent Australia in?
14. On which United States ship was the formal surrender by Japan conducted that brought the Second World War in the Pacific?
15. What was the first conflict where Australians carried the F88 Austeyr?
16. Who was commander of INTERFET, the international peacekeeing force in East Timor from 1999 to 2000?
17. Who was the first Regimental Sergeant Major of the Australian Army?
18. What company of which infantry battalion fought at the Battle of Long Tan?
19. While it is not confirmed, who is reported to be the first Australian ashore at Gallipoli?
20. What date was the Unknown Australian Soldier interred in the Hall of Memory?
Good luck and we're looking forward to seeing your responses - The Cove team