- How 2 RAR's structure supports amphibious operations
- The development of the pre-landing force
- Different enablers, including: intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance, engineers, joint fires, beach landing teams and Navy clearance divers
- Unique challenges with the unit's composition
- The importance of robust Standing Operating Procedures
- Challenges of working in the Joint space
- Understanding 'Commanders Intent'
- Balancing multiple chains of command
- Transitioning to direct command under the 1st Division
- The importance of being engaged and professional
Listen to the podcast and share your thoughts with us about Australia's amphibious capability and what we need to learn as we move forward into the future.
About the producer: Sharon Mascall-Dare is a Reservist Public Affairs Officer posted to HQ 9th Brigade in South Australia. In her civilian life she is an award winning BBC radio broadcaster and Adjunct Associate Professor in the School of Communication at the University of South Australia.