Call for applications: Study Period 2, 2023 (study that commences between July to December)
DASS supports Australian Defence members to access training and education at secondary and higher education institutions, and external registered training organisations.
Support may take the form of financial assistance, work release and/or release to attend examinations.
Note: work release is approved at the unit level and managed under flexible work arrangements (FWA) in accordance with Military Personnel Policy Manual (MILPERSMAN), Part 7, Chapter 1. General guidelines can be found on the Education Assistance Schemes 'DASS' section of the Training Learning and Development intranet homepage.
- Members considering applying for DASS should familiarise themselves with the scheme's policy, guidelines and prioritisation criteria, as outlined in the relevant Service Applicant Guides.
- Secondary and tertiary study requires significant commitment. Members should carefully consider their capacity to successfully complete their proposed study.
- Supervisors have a key responsibility to make an initial assessment, on behalf of their Service, on the suitability of the applicant to undertake the proposed study, workplace support available, and relevance of study for their Service. Supervisors are to be at or above WO2 (or equivalent).
- Applications for Study Period 2, 2023, are to be received no later than 2359h (AEST) 01 June 2023 using Web Form AD105 to email@example.com.
- Late applications, including applications delayed by internal unit processing, are unable to be considered.
- DASS approval cannot be granted retrospectively. Applications must therefore be received by the Education Assistance Schemes Delegate prior to commencement of study. Members will be advised of the outcome of their application within seven weeks of the 01 June 2023 cut-off date.
Junior Non-Commissioned Officer Growth Plan
Applicants LCPL-CPL will be eligible for additional consideration under the JNCO Growth Plan. Further advice on this can be sought through your Regional Education Officer, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
These changes affect LCPL-CPL only; all other ranks remain subject to the requirements as outlined in the current ATI 4-1/17.
Enquiries relating to proposed or approved study should be referred to the Delegate at: email@example.com.
Flexible working arrangements and study leave
When demand exceeds available funding, applicants may be waitlisted. Units may still release the member for study-related activities under FWA provisions.
This information can be found on the DEFGRAMS section on the DPN.