The Army Tertiary Education Program (ATEP) provides soldiers and officers who do not possess an undergraduate degree the opportunity to undertake part-time study in selected courses at participating Australian universities.
The period of sponsorship under the ATEP is for one academic year (January to January the following year) of part-time study that includes a maximum of four units of study.
The ATEP provides the ability to gain advanced standing within the selected courses which enables students to complete a three year, full-time course in as little as two years of part-time study.
Prescribed Degree Programmes
The Prescribed Degree Programmes sponsored by ATEP are:
- Bachelor of Organisational Leadership (BOrgLead) – University of New England
- Bachelor of Training and Development (BTrngDev) – University of New England
- Bachelor of Business (BBus) – University of New England
- Bachelor of Business (BBus) – James Cook University and Southern Cross University
- Associate Degree in Adult Vocational Education (ADAVE) – Charles Sturt University
The following SERCAT 6 & 7 Army personnel are eligible to apply for 2023 sponsorship:
- Senior Non-commissioned Officers of substantive rank who have completed a minimum of five years continuous service in that rank
- Warrant Officers of substantive rank
- Military instructors of any rank who have served at least three years in an instructor appointment
- Officers commissioned through the Army Senior Non-commissioned Officer and Warrant Officer Commissioning Scheme (ASWOCS)
- Lieutenants and Captains who have graduated from the Royal Military College – Duntroon (RMC-D) and have completed four years continuous service.
Army personnel who are interested in applying for ATEP in 2023 are to complete an ATEP application form located on the ATEP SharePoint page (DPN only) and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application forms can also be sourced from the ATEP coordinator via the email above.
Applications for the 2023 ATEP close Friday, 28th October 2022. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Personnel are also encouraged to commence the application process with the university to confirm their acceptance to the preferred degree, as well as gaining the necessary credit points to be eligible to study under the ATEP.
A reminder for students who are already studying under the ATEP and wish to be considered for continuation of study for 2023, you must email the ATEP coordinator requesting continuation before Friday 28th October 2022.
All ATEP applicants including continuation requests will receive an email regarding their application by Friday, 2nd December 2022.